Microsoft Word Templates
Microsoft Word templates are master documents containing predefined layout, formatting styles, text and graphic elements. Templates can be made available to an entire organisation or a single department.
We can work with you to design and develop easy to use Microsoft Word templates incorporating your branding. Using Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook? Consider templates for these applications.
The development of customised Microsoft Word templates will:
- Save time and money
- Ensure documents have a professional and consistent appearance
- Reduce the amount of repetitive tasks
- Improve staff productivity
- Allow staff to focus on key business tasks
- Maintain branding and document standards
- Eliminate the risk of files being overwritten and losing critical information
Development of Microsoft Word templates can be completed for a range of documents including, but not limited to:
- Policy and Procedures
The design and the subsequent development of templates is matched to your exact requirement. The inclusion of you companies brand is an important factor in the design.
Information can be entered into a template using different methods, including forms and fields.
Customised ribbons will reduce the time to create a document and assists with ensuring a consistent layout, format and content is maintained.
When a new document is created based on a template, a copy of the template is created. A link back to the template is maintained so if design elements such as predefined text and table formatting (styles) are modified in the future, documents based on the template can be automatically updated.
Case Study - Save time and money
Compare a stop watch example of saving time when inserting a two column, formatted table with automatic numbering and headings into a document:
- 2 minutes – manual creation and formatting.
- 0.2 seconds – automated creation and formatting using a customised ribbon or shortcut keys.
If one person created documents using automated formatting of headings, tables and text this would save at least two weeks per year.
A person earning $25 per hour would save a minimum of $2,000 per year. Multiply these time and value savings across your organisation.
How can we help?
Our experienced team can assist you with development of Microsoft Office templates (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Services available include:
- Template design
- Template development
- Supporting your staff to test the templates
- Implementation of templates
- Creation of reference guides and quick reference cards
- Creation of a company standards reference guide
- Facilitation of workshops
Creating a library of Microsoft Office templates specifically for your business will increase productivity across your organisation and errors and repetitive tasks will reduce.
Your company’s brand will be attached to the templates. Maintain the professional appearance of your business every time a document is produced.